Welcome to My Site!
My name is Mike Bauer, founder of tradeichimokucloud.com. Thank you for stopping by today! I am truly glad you did.
You see, I believe the fact that you found my site is no accident.
- I believe you found my site because you are likely as passionate about trading the markets as I am. And, just like me, you are looking to connect with other traders who have been out there in the trenches and have not only survived, but thrived in this difficult profession.
- Like me, you likely want to improve your trading results by finding other like-minded people who are willing to share what works to make money in the real world of forex trading. That is why I created Trade With Ichimoku.
I am a regular guy. I was born in Michigan. I grew-up there. Went to school. Got a job. Married my sweetheart. I am now the proud father of two smart teenage boys. I am very fortunate. And even so, something changed in 2009, right after the Great Recession began. I became very, very worried about my family’s financial stability.
I had a good job working at a large financial institution as a Treasury Management professional. I was an expert at helping business owners effectively manage their working capital, create a proper capital structure, and manage financial and other risks so they could meet their long-term strategic objectives.
Even so, I was so worried about our finances that I started to explore ways that I could create additional sources of income. In my career, I was familiar with world equity and money markets. In particular, I worked with clients who traded in capital markets, including forex options and futures, to hedge foreign exchange risk to their balance sheets. I decided that I could learn how to trade using my own money, on my own account, as a means to reach my goal of increasing our family nest egg.
I started with the stock market, and then, one day, I looked at the retail forex market. And once I really started to research that market, I was hooked. I became obsessed with learning all that I could learn about forex trading. Here is how my journey went.
- I took free online courses from my brokers.
- I read many, many books on the subject.
- I paid for trading courses. (Most didn’t help me at all.)
- I created a trading plan and practiced trading on a paper account for months.
- I didn’t sleep for more than 4 hours a night for about 5 years.
- Did alright on my practice accounts.
- Started trading for real.
- Lost money. Lost more money.
- Lost money for 6 straight years.
- Then I finally did the right thing. I stopped trading.
- But I didn’t give up.
- It took me a while, but I found a successful trader who helped me to realize what I was doing wrong. And he had passed away many years before I started trading. The trader was Goichi Hosoda – father of Ichimoku Kinko Hyo.
For whatever reasons, I had to go through all of that agony to learn what I was doing wrong.
It wasn’t just one thing, either. Here were my sins.
- I was impatient. Waiting more than a day for the right market conditions to enter trades was boring. I wanted to be in the action all the time. I over traded like mad. I traded every scalping strategy you can imagine down to 1-minute time frames.
- I didn’t stick with any strategy for long. Even if my testing showed that it was profitable, if I started to book losses, I looked for another trading strategy.
- I kept changing strategies every few weeks, sometimes even several times in one day!
- Soon, I couldn’t stand to hold positions if they didn’t go into profit immediately. As soon as there was the slightest move against my positions, I closed the trades.
- The bottom line: I never learned how to correctly analyze a market so that I could create a sound trading plan, and then execute that plan perfectly, patiently, without fear. Goichi Hosoda’s work taught me those things. And now, I trade without fear, and I am finally profitable.
The Mission of Trade With Ichimoku
As a retail forex trader for the past 10 years, I know what works and, I think most importantly, what doesn’t work. I learned so much from my own mistakes that I created this website so that I could share what I have learned with you.
I Want to Help You Succeed in Forex Trading!
Now, I hasten to say that, even with my years of experience, I still lose trades. If you haven’t experienced loses yet, you will. I guarantee it. The main difference between experienced profitable traders and losing traders is that profitable traders have learned not to worry about losing trades. It sounds strange, but in my view, it is true. Because they have a plan that they have tested, they know it works over time. Winning traders execute their strategies with confidence every time they place an order, even though there is no way they can ever know if each trade will result in a win or a loss.
I’m going to repeat that last sentence. If there is a big secret to successful Forex trading, I think this may be it.
Winning traders execute their strategies with confidence every time they place an order, even though there is no way they can ever know if each trade will result in a win or a loss.
This is the state of mind you must achieve to be successful over time. The only way to achieve this calm state of mind is through practice.
Here are four important lessons that I learned the hard way:
- If you are unable to learn to accept that you will lose trades, you should not be trading at all. Learning to lose correctly is just as important as learning to win correctly. Even if you master Ichimoku trading, there is no guarantee that you will make money in the long run. If you cannot accept proper loses and manage them correctly, you will never make any money in the trading business.
- However, if you trade correctly, there is a high probability that you will be profitable over time.
- Only trade with money you can afford to lose. Never trade with money you need to live. Ever. This goes to serve that calm state of mind I described. Goichi Hosoda wrote that one should learn to trade as though one held no position. If you don’t care which way the market ultimately moves, you are able to maintain an objective frame of mind. You are merely an observer of what happens. If you can achieve this mindset with real money at risk you will truly be a master trader.
- Trade with demo accounts before you trade with real money. You must test your trading strategy and your skills using demo accounts. Be sure that you are profitable over a fair period of time – at least 3-6 months – on your paper trading accounts before risking your money. This is critical! In other words, you must be 100% confident in your strategy, and 100% confident in yourself, so you will execute your strategy to the letter. You must learn to be a calm, patient observer of your trades.
What you learn here could save you years of agony and thousands of dollars in losses. Learn from my mistakes.
All the content on my site is absolutely free. Read the lessons, watch my instructional videos, and learn from some of the best traders in the world.
Live trade streaming is coming soon!
Drop me a line. Be sure to bookmark the site.
If you ever have questions, feel free to leave them below. I will be more than happy to help you out.
All the best,
Mike Bauer, Founder